Saturday, July 4, 2009

Another Razzleberry Card

From Adriel:
Happy Fourth of July!! Boy it came fast this year... time is just flying by.
In THIS POST I mentioned the new in-colors from Stampin' Up! and that my favorite out of them is Rich Razzleberry. So far, that's true. I haven't used any of the other colors yet!
This is another card that didn't come out as I had pictured in my mind. It's fun and different... just not what I had in mind when I sat down to make it. Weird how that happens.

I did stick to one main stamp set (okay, almost.. with the exception of the stamp I used on the Kraft CS). I tried to use the Priceless set as much as possible on this card. I used the fun circle to make the background. I stamped the flowers in Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive and punched them out with the 1-1/4" circle punch. The Rich Razzleberry marker came in handy for this card, as I used the ink-to-rubber technique and created a multi-colored image for the sentiment. (Did you know that Stampin' Up! is now offering the new in-colors in the markers? Yes!!) The scallop edge punch added a nice touch to the side of the card along with faux stitching. =)

The other set I used was the Park Avenue Patterns in Sahara Sand ink on the Kraft CS. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the stamp exactly where I wanted it. I had to do this a few times to cover the entire surface of the CS. I could have used the VersaMark pad to do this, but I ended up using Old Olive Craft ink to stamp the small flower from the Priceless set over the patterned CS and embossed it with clear embossing powder. If you are a stamper, you probably know that VersaMark doesn't lose its "sticky-ness" even after a day! The embossing powder would have gotten on my patterned background as well and I didn't want that. So I just used the classic ink that dries quickly and then used the craft ink in Old Olive. (That was a little long-winded... Sorry!!)

My ingredients for this card with a mind of its own:

Stamp Sets: Priceless (115052), Park Avenue Patterns (114445)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry CS (115316), Kraft CS (102125), Basic Black CS (102851), Whisper White CS (100730)

Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102272), Sahara Sand (105208), Old Olive Craft Stampin' Pad (103063), VersaMark pad (102283), Rich Razzleberry marker (comes in a set of 6 with the other in-colors) (116329), Old Olive marker (100079), Basic Black marker (100082)

Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104403), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Heat Tool (100005)

Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

As you can see, this set comes with a bunch of stamps that you can do a lot with. It's been awhile since I've played with this one, but since it's still current, I need to play with it more! =)

To order any of these products from Stampin' Up!, CLICK HERE!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today's post. Have a great weekend!

No comments: