Monday, June 29, 2009

Razzleberry Celebrate

From Adriel:

I made this card before I left for my family vacation, but never got around to photographing it before I left.


I thought it came out okay, but it could have been better. I haven't been doing very well creatively lately, so the few cards I've made recently I haven't been very pleased with. Grrrr! =(

We did a class recently where we used the Daisies Flower #2 die on the Big Shot and I thought the cut-out that was left over would make a nice stencil to fill in with sponging. So that's what I did!

The colors for this card are Rich Razzleberry (new in-color available July 1st), So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White. I used the Top Note die, the Matchbox die and the Matchbox messages stamp set. Added a light yellow button and some Whisper White taffeta ribbon. Pretty simple and a great way to use the negative die-cuts! =)
BTW, I think this new Rich Razzleberry is going to be my favorite new in-color! I'm so glad they gave us a new purple to play with... we needed one!

4 comments:

Living said...

I have a question... do you often make all your cards different and unique, or do you do many the same to sell? Do you get bored? How do you come up with a new line, if you do it the second way? Just 'oh, bored with this now!'

I make cards occasionally and I don't like repeating! But I'm not trying to sell.

Dana F. said...

Thanks for commenting on my card! Hey, your card is not "okay" - it's beautiful!! Love the top note and matchbox die on this. I'm sure, with all of the impressions of your recent family vacation in mind (plus your new SU goodies) your creative juices must be flowing right now :-)

Kristy's Custom Creations said...

Very pretty card! Great colors!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement! =)

Living, to answer your question about card making... I would have to say the majority of our cards are different. There are times when we will make a set of cards that are all the same, but we will rarely make another set when it is sold. There's something about making something new... something you haven't made before that keeps stamping and card making fresh. =)

I don't know if you have visited www.splitcoaststampers.com yet, but that site has TONS (and if you could measure it literally it might weigh that much!) of card ideas and much more! Sometimes browsing through there helps inspire me. =)

I would have emailed you this response, but your profile didn't list your email. So I responded here. =)