Monday, June 8, 2009

Shabby Flower Tutorial

From Adriel:

This tutorial is featured in our newsletter this month. I wanted to share it on our blog as well! I saw the original idea for this on a YouTube video that you can view HERE if you like. But if you'd like step-by-step written directions, here you go!

Supplies:
1 - 3”x3” piece of card stock
2 - 3”x3” pieces of designer series paper
Scallop Circle punch
Rhinestone brad
Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive
Small silk flower (or paper flower)
Scissors
Paper piercer (not shown in supply photo)



Step 1: Punch out a scallop circle out of each piece of DS paper and card stock.


Step 2: On the two DS paper scallop circles cut a slit at each scallop.


Step 3: Crumple the DS paper scallop circles in hand until desired look is achieved. Scallop circles should be nice and crumpled. The more crumpled, the more “shabby” the flower will look.


Step 4: Use adhesive to attached scallop circles one on top of the other, starting with the card stock on the bottom.


Step 5: Pierce the center of the flower with a paper piercer or a needle.


Step 6: Put the silk flower in middle of flower and attach the rhinestone brad through the middle, through all the layers of the flower. Flower is now completed and ready to use on a project.



Here's some gift tags that I showed you guys last week that I made using the shabby flowers... TONS of fun, right?!?! I sold these tags this weekend at a vendor fair we did over the weekend. I ended up stringing thin black ribbon with white polka dots through them. Didn't get a picture of them with the ribbon before they sold, but they were even more fun with the ribbon added! I ended up using smaller paper flowers instead of the silk flower and used a button in the middle instead of a rhinestone brad.

Hope you enjoyed looking! Try the tutorial out and see if it's easy to follow or not. Let me know! =D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE love love these flowers! Thanks!
~angie

Scatteredmom said...

Hey those are SO cool! :) Can I feature them in a Fabulicious Friday post? (I do a series of cool stuff I find on the web, locally, etc) I'd link to them and write a blurb about how cute I think they are. Email me for details. :)

notesfromthecookiejar(at)yahoo(dot)ca

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Thanks for the step by step photos. What fun flowers these make!

Unknown said...

Love those! So cute!!