Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Set of Gift Tags

From Adriel:



I'm showing off these gift tags today. Cute, huh? =D

A couple of weeks ago, I found a YouTube video for making the shabby flowers with the scallop circle punch. I showed you that one already... if you missed the post, click HERE for my tutorial and a link to the video. Anyway, I found another video the same day (or the day after) on making handmade lollipop flowers. I'd love to share the video, but YouTube wasn't working when I wrote this post... I will have to add the link later. =)

UPDATE: YouTube started working but the video I watched is now private! WHAAAT? Anyway, found this video that is not nearly as good, but it will give you an idea of what to do along with my tips at the bottom! =) View video HERE.

Here's what I ended up doing to make my lollipop flowers: Instead of cutting circles out by hand, I just used 3 different sizes of circle punches. I did distress the edges of each circle with scissors... I don't have a distressing tool at the moment. I crumpled up each circle so it looks really distressed! Then, I applied ink to the edges of each circle. I used Chocolate Chip ink to distress the edges instead of the circles instead of white paint. I used Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive to attach the layers together. All I had available was a spray bottle with water, so I spritzed each flower lightly (very lightly) and then "molded" each layer how I wanted it. Once it dries, it's very stiff so the flower keeps its shape very well. I added half-pearls to the center of each flower and attached my flowers with pop-up glue dots to my gift tags. =)


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, those are adorable!!

readingsully2 said...

They are so cute. :)