Sunday, June 14, 2009

Brayered In-Color Top-Note Card

From Heidi...
I've had a lot of ideas that I've been wanting to get to, but haven't had the time. This afternoon I was finally able to play around with some of the new In-Colors. I thought brayering would be a fun challenge to use to try out a few of the colors together and see how they looked. I also got to use Adriel's Big Shot, so that was fun, too. This is what I came up with.
I love SU's new Soft Suede CS. I lightly sponged the outside top-note frame with black which gave the brown an almost leathery look...kind of cool. I'd seen a tutorial on how to make your own Dew Drops, so I tried that out and ended up putting several on this card. I really like how all the colors look together, I'm looking forward to playing with the other colors. Fun, fun, fun!

Here's the supplies I used:
Ink:
Dusty Durango (Brayering)
Rich Razzleberry (Brayering)
Pretty in Pink (Brayering)
Old Olive (Brayering)
Basic Black (for stamping greeting and sponging leaves and frame)

Stamp Set:
Sincere Salutations


CS:
Soft Suede
Kraft for card base


Accessories:
Big Shot: Top Note; Birds and Blooms
Dew Drops
Brayer
Sponge





3 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

I'm so jealous!! =D heehee You card turned out really nice... the brayering looks great! =)

readingsully2 said...

So pretty. :)

Anthonette said...

Very beautiful card, Heidi! When I saw the new In-Colors on other websites, I didn't fall in love with them. I'm liking them more now.