Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Christmas in August

From Adriel:

I made some Christmas cards the other day. I know, I know. August! Christmas! I did this partly to get a couple done to sell on ebay. I thought there may be some early birds on there looking for Christmas cards. My reasoning probably seems silly... I'm a silly gal!

Anyway, onto the cards! My colors: whisper white, basic gray, old olive, ruby red, and bravo burgundy. I used whisper white CS for the base of the card, my next layer is basic gray, and then after that is the layer of either old olive or ruby red (depending on the card). This layer is stamped with the thingy from the Wow Flowers set... it kinda looked like a snowflake to me! Again, I'm a silly gal! I stamped the "snowflake" with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. It made a really nice background, snowflake or not! Moving on, my bravo burgundy strip is scallop punched on the bottom edge (yes, using the NEW scallop edge punch!), and attached to the various layers. A beautiful basic gray taffeta ribbon is tied around the burgundy strip before all these layers are attached to the white card base. The sentiment/stamped image which is really a snowflake FOR REAL, was stamped with whisper white craft ink and then embossed with this "Winter Wonderland" embossing powder I had on hand (no, not SU). Punched out with the scallop circle punch, with another scallop circle punch in gray behind. Attached with dimensionals and that's it!

So, perhaps today you will be going about your day and you will find yourself humming your favorite Christmas tune or maybe you'll be thinking about all those Christmas cards you need to send out... and you will wonder, "Why am I thinking about Christmas in August?!?!?!" Well, you can thank little old me! Bye for now!

No comments: