Tuesday, August 19, 2008

From Heidi:



I love this new hostess set "Serene Spring". I've been waiting to have some time to play with this set, which I was able to do Saturday. I used two different color palettes with these cards I also used water coloring on both of them. My dad was a watercolorist and I have several of his paintings hanging in my house. He tutored me for a short time, but I haven't done much with what he taught me until this weekend. I'm looking forward to using this technique on my cards. It's such a fun medium to use to bring color to cards. I enjoyed getting back into it on these two cards.I embossed the blue card, which I wish I hadn't done, it seemed to drown out the watercoloring. Oh well... it was still fun to make.
Ingredients: Card 1 -Serene Spring SS; So Saffron, Barely Blush, Whisper White CS; Staz=On black, So Saffron, Barely Blush, Bashful blue, Certainly Celery Ink; Scallop edge punch, Fabric flower, punched Barely blush flower, So saffron brad, Barely Blush inked ribbon, sponges, blender pens; Card 2 - Serene Spring, Wonderful Words SS; Bashful blue, Almost Artichoke, Mostly Moss, Sahara Sand, Whisper White CS; Really Rust, Bashful blue, mostly moss, Sahara Sand, Staz-On black ink; Embossing powder, heat gun, Scallop edge punch, grosgrain ribbon, sponges, blender pens.
Today Adriel and I worked on some new cards and projects for our upcoming classes at Tumbleweed Park and Recreation Center this December through February. We're trying out our new project ideas. Adriel stamped and decorated a great looking candle, and I worked on a Gate Fold card using sponging, while trying out some new colors together.
I made a fun card a few weeks ago for my grandson's birthday (Adriel's son) using an idea I saw on SCS where someone had used punches to make some Sesame Street characters. I love how it turned out and I had such a great time gluing all the little pieces together to create the fun characters. I must have been successful because the kids both knew who the characters were...so that's a good thing!




1 comment:

Tanya Boser said...

I love this set too! You did a beautiful job watercoloring them, and it looks like your Dad did a good job teaching you how!