Thursday, August 7, 2008

Handbag Challenge

From Adriel:

This is a first... at least I think it is... for me anyway! This is my second post in the same day! I have a good reason for this.

Theresa Forseth is hosting a weekly challenge on her blog for the next 12 weeks. What's the inspiration? Purses/Handbags! How fun is that? So, this is my submission for this week's challenge.


This is a cute "handbag" giftbag with a matching "wallet", which is actually a giftcard holder. When I went onto SCS today, I saw Wednesday's tutorial was for the diaperfold. This was perfect for what I had in mind for this challenge! I changed it a little bit (folded both triangles down instead of just one and also used the "back" for the front). I also added handles, since this is a handbag. I didn't use DS paper, but used River Rock CS for the purse base, then used strips of colored CS to decorate the front to mimic the inspirational piece. I tried to incorporate some stitching into this project, so I just drew marker lines with a brown Stampin' Write marker. It did the job. I'm a sucker for flowers and had to include them in my project! The "wallet" opens to hold a giftcard. I didn't have any giftcard holders on hand, so I just measured a credit card and made a holder based on those measurements.



The scalloped brown panel inside is actually a pocket. The giftcard slides in at the top and fits perfectly!
The colors I used for this challenge were river rock, baja breeze, tangerine tango, chocolate chip, pink passion, night of navy (or something very similar), and whisper white. I would've liked to have gotten some gold in there, but didn't have any gold. So this will have to do! Hope you enjoyed looking!
BTW, please excuse the photos! I had to use a different computer and didn't have access to my photo software or watermark image. I thought about if I needed to put Stampin' Up! on there, since I didn't use any stamps or DS paper, but thought I would just to be safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVe it!! Thanks so much for playing!!!!!!!

The Vannoy Family said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing! (~: