Thursday, August 28, 2008

Paper Piecing Card

From Adriel:

Hi! I have been wanting to try this technique (paper piecing) for quite awhile and finally sat down the other day and did it. This is my first attempt, so nothing to get too excited about, but it was still fun. I'm working on another card with this same technique and I'll share that when I'm done. If you want to know more about this technique, check out the tutorial over at SCS.

Recipe:

Certainly Celery CS
Tempting Turquoise CS
Whisper White CS
DS paper (Flowers for You)

In Full Bloom set
Basic Black classic ink
Certainly Celery Stampin'Write marker
Bashful Blue Stampin'Write marker
White satin ribbon
Tombow adhesive

I stamped the flower and stem images on Whisper White CS. I then stamped the flower images on DS paper and cut them out. I used Tombow adhesive to adhere my flowers to the Whisper White CS. I put the cut flowers on right where the image was stamped on the Whisper White CS. I used the Stampin' Write markers to color in the stems, leaves and the little dots around the images. I took a strip of Certainly Celery cut the same size as the Whisper White panel and cut little lines into one edge of it to resemble grass. I guess it does... I guess it's more interesting than a flat piece of CS. Anyway, tied the ribbon around into a bow, attached the panel with dimensionals to the Tempting Turquoise panel. Assembled the rest of the card as you can see in the pic. It was a fun technique to try! I really enjoyed it!

BTW, I think my mom did a GREAT job on all the Christmas cards she posted! Good job, Mom!

No comments: