Thursday, August 7, 2008

Birthday Calendar

From Adriel:

Mom showed you all her birthday calendar a few days ago. Now it's my turn!

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we went on a little trip up to a cabin. My mom brought along the supplies to make this fun project. So we spent one afternoon working on these and put the finishing touches on them when we got back. They were a lot of fun to make and I love the results!

I used a lot of different materials for this project. First of all, this whole thing started out as just a plain old file folder! After folding it this way and that, it was all ready to decorate! I first inked all the edges of the folder... I didn't really like the light yellow look of the file folder with my paper. I cut my DS paper to size and inked all those edges, too. Then I attached all my paper. I used rubons, chipboard, brads, ribbon, sticky tape, stamps... I'm sure I forgot something! Anyway, it was fun to make! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Lena95469 said...

this is so cute. I love it. I was wondering how you folded the file folder? I looked at all the pictures and still couldnt figure out how you did it. Any chance of a tutorial?

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I too would love to know how you made this. Do you have instructions posted elsewhere?