Friday, August 14, 2009

Flip Album Details

From Heidi...
Great news! I posted my Baby Boy Flip Album on Etsy yesterday and it's already sold! That was fast. Whoever gets it is really getting a cute photo scrapbook, I loved the decorative papers that are on it. I kind of hate to part with it, which is a great incentive to make another one. I picked up some really sweet Baby Girl decorative papers last week, so will create a Baby Girl Album this time.
Here's the general dimensions and pictures. I started with a tutorial created by Sue Jones, a Stampin' Up Demo, and changed the dimensions and folds to economize on card stock.
Supplies: (1) 12x12 CS 1; (2) 8-1/2x11 CS 2; (2) 8-1/2x11 CS 3 (you'll need extra CS for decorating pages); Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive
  1. CS 1 - 6x12", score at 2-1/2, 3, 9, 9-1/2, fold on score lines. This creates the Base. NOTE: THIS PICTURE SHOWS THE LEFT BLUE PANEL AS CS 1, BUT IT'S REALLY CS 2...sorry!

2. CS 2 - Cut 2, 5-1/2x11", score each piece at 5-1/2", fold on score line, attach folded pieces to the album base flaps, this creates the front and back covers and front and back inside pages. NOTE: THESE PICTURES ARE OUT OF ORDER..Picture 1 goes with Step 3 and Picture 2 goes with Steps 1 and 2...also in picture 2 the left blue panel should be labeled CS 2 not CS 1...I would change all of this, but blogger won't let me move my pictures...frustrating! Sorry!


3. CS 3 - Cut 3, 4-1/4x11", score each piece at 2-3/4, 8-1/4, and fold at score lines. Attach these 3 pieces of cardstock together end to end. This creates the Inside of album

4. Attach the Inside CS 3 to the center panel of your CS 1 Base.


5. You've finished the basic album and you can now decorate the pages.

No comments: