Thursday, July 24, 2008

Looks Yummy!


From Adriel:

I had a chance to play on Tuesday and enjoyed myself so much! I made a cute "piece of cake" box that turned out adorable, don't you think?


Anyway, it made me wish I knew someone getting married or having a party, because a bunch of these would make the cutest party favors! I got the template for these cuties from a fellow SCSer. The template she sent me is actually for a 3-tiered "cake". The "slice" I made was from the bottom layer. I just printed the template out on white cardstock, cut it out, stamped it, assembled it, and decorated it. The back opens so you can put something inside.


On a different note, I'm going away this weekend for my husband's birthday. My parents and I went in together and rented a cabin up in the mountains (away from this heat!) for his birthday. It should be a nice, relaxing time. I'm thinking about printing up a few more of these templates and bringing them along with me. I may have some time to play while I'm up there relaxing. I know my mom is bringing along a fun project to work on while we're there. You'll have to wait until we get back to find out what it is... have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Slice. Have fun on the mountain retreat, sounds wonderful. Amy.

Sankari W. said...

That is such a sweet cake box - totally makes me want to eat some cake (even though its like 7:10 am here :) Would you mind posting the template for the cake slice (at least how you did it?) I loved reading your blog - you both are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

your little cake box is sweet...