Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Meeting My First Challenge!


From Adriel:

I have wanted to do this for a long time and I finally did it today! I took on color inspiration/challenge #14 on K. Werner's blog for these 5 colors.



Basic Black, Basic Gray, Ruby Red, River Rock, and Whisper White

I would never have chosen these colors to go together, but I love them! I used a set (Seriously Sassy) that we originally got to use with teens, but it seemed to go with the whole inspiration well. Hope you like it! Let me know what you think!



Recipe:

Card measures 6-5/8"x3-1/4"


Inspiration colors (listed and shown above)

Seriously Sassy stampset
Little Pieces stampset (soon to be retired! sniff, sniff)
Tagger's Dozen (also retiring)

1-1/2" circle punch
1-1/4" circle punch
1-3/8" square punch
1-3/4" square punch

Basic Black craft ink pad
Classic Basic Black ink pad
Clear embossing powder
Ruby Red Stampin' Write marker

Basic Gray taffeta ribbon
Basic Black brads
Dimensionals (of course!)

BTW, I know this is my second post today, but I couldn't wait until tomorrow!

11 comments:

Jayne Mercer said...

Great card. Love the idea.

Deanna said...

Very graphic, love the shiny black embossing!

Anonymous said...

very cool design! Donna

Becky said...

Love the embossing! Great card! I can't wait to see what you do in the future, if this is your first challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

I really like this, great job!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the circles. Did that too on mine :)

Savitri - http://www.scrapbit.com

Tina said...

This is fabulous balance of shape and color, it almost appears to have a "beat." ~ Happy 4th!

Traveling Mama said...

Great card! Found your blog through Kristina. So cool that you and your mom stamp and blog together!

Kathie Bailey said...

Wow, what an awesome card! I love how you have incorporated the colors of the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Nice challenge card. Very bold and contempory. I see we're both new to blogging. Happy card making and blogging!!!

Kim said...

Love your layout!! Great job with the color challenge!!