Thursday, March 4, 2010

Flower Embellishments

From Adriel:

Stop paying crazy money for flower embellishments at the craft store! Using a punch or two, scissors, cardstock, patterned paper, adhesive and a couple other supplies, you can make your own "WOW" flower embellishments!
Here's some fun flower embellishments I made using a combination of the techniques found in the following tutorials.

The bottom flower uses the flower-making technique that Dawn McVey uses in her video HERE. Lots of fun!



The middle of the flower embellishment uses the flower-making technique by Lolly Chops found HERE, but think much smaller... although a huge one of these would look awesome on practically ANYTHING! =)


Flower Tutorial from Lolly Chops on Vimeo.

I don't remember exactly how I attached the middle part to the bottom flower layer, but I would imagine a decent amount of glue or a good sized glue dot would do the trick. I'm going to do something soon (I don't even know what!) with this flower and I'll show you what I end up creating with it! =) For now, have some fun making your own and creating with them!

Be sure to check back here tomorrow to find out what the THS Color Challenge #2 for March will be! =)

No comments: