Thursday, June 6, 2013

Two CAS Thank You's


(there's too many fun promos to list them all here)
Today I'm sharing a couple of cards with you. On the first one I used a clear acrylic stamp block to create the bold geometric colored background. I rubbed the block onto my ink pads, then gave the block a quick mist of water before stamping onto my Whisper White CS. The inks I used were Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango. Make sure that you clean the block in between colors if you try this out for yourself.
I stamped my sentiment in Basic Black using the retired stamp set "Thank You Kindly", but the new stamp set Sweet Essentials (which just happens to be on sale for 25% off until June 30, see my promo page for more information) would work great for the sentiment. I added a sequin to each of the blocks for a bit of blingy fun.

Card One Supplies:
CS: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
INK: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
SS: Thank You Kindly (retired) or try Sweet Essentials (126457)
BIG SHOT:Apothecary Accents framelit (127003)
PUNCHES: Scallop Edge Border (119882), Boho Blossoms (119858), Itty Bitty Shapes (118309)
ACCESSORIES: Rhinestone Jewels (119246), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187), Acrylic block "C" (118486), water bottle mister

My second card share today is just a very, very simple card featuring a DSP banner adhered to the Crumb Cake card front, which is embossed using the Stripes EB folder. I was daring and ran a bottle cap through the Big Shot to flatten it out. It worked great and created the cute little circular frame for the stamped and punched sentiment from the A Fitting Occasion stamp set.
The bottle cap was adhered to a Daffodil Delight Scallop Circle and a Midnight Muse Itty Bitty punched circle was placed in the center of the stamped circle, with a rhinestone bling.

Card Two Supplies:
CS: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Polka Dot Parade (126902)
INK: Midnight Muse
SS: A Fitting Occasion (127049)
BIG SHOT: to smash bottle cap
PUNCHES: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle(119854),1" Circle (119868), Itty Bitty Shapes (118309)
ACCESSORIES: Rhinestone Jewels (119246), bottle cap





No comments: