Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fabulous Florets Thank You How-To

 This beautiful floral image is from the new Summer Mini's Fabulous Florets. This time around, I decided to purchase the My Digital Studio's digital Fabulous Floret download, instead of the actual stamp set and I've enjoyed the versatility of the digital set.
I needed some quick "Thank You" cards, but I wanted them to be special, so I went hybrid. I love how they turned out and wanted to share a very quick "how-to" here with you.
One of the things that I like about digital stamping, is that I can make my images larger or smaller, which is what I did here. I used the Fabulous Floret's large floral image, colored it Not Quite Navy, and placed it in the bottom left corner. I resized the first floral image to make two slightly smaller florals and placed them on either side of the corner floral, and and then made one last resizing to the first floral, making it slightly smaller, and placed it in the upper right corner. I inserted the leaf image, chose Old Olive as the color, and then made a mirror image and placed the leaves in between the three floral images. My background is Barely Banana. I saved my image as a jpeg and then opened up Word, inserting my Fabulous Floret jpeg into my document, resized it to 3-3/4x5, copied it and pasted it three more times onto my 8-1/2x11 screen page. Then I printed it out on Whisper White cardstock. Voila! Now I have a beautiful stamped background that I can use over and over with the click of a button...What a time saver!
I went with a digital sentiment, as well. Here I chose MDS Thank You Kindly stamp set. I created a new MDS Project using the 8-1/2x11 page option. I then chose my "Thank You"stamp from the Thank You Kindly stamp set, colored it Early Espresso, sized it so that I could create a 3/4"x3-1/2" sentiment strip with it. (You gotta love the resizing feature.) I positioned the sentiment at the top left of the screen page, allowing space for trimming it to 3/4"x3-1/2", copy and pasted it onto the top right of the screen page again allowing for my desired finished dimensions, copied both sentiments and pasted them down the page and used MDS to print them out. Again a time saver :-)
CARDSTOCK: Not Quite Navy (5-1/2x8-1/2, folded in half for cardbase); Old Olive (3-7/8x5-1/8, Front panel); Fabulous Floret digital background printed on Whisper White (3-3/4x5, digital panel); Printed Thank You sentiment on Whisper White (3/4x3-1/2); So Saffron, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy (Punch Pieces)  PUNCHES: 1-1/8" Circle punch - punch left side of Whisper White Thank You sentiment; Photo Corner - Punch right side of Whisper White Thank You sentiment to flag end; Blossom Bouquet, set at far right - So Saffron, use the inside punched flower; Boho Blossom, small flower - Old Olive; Itty Bitty, scallop - Not Quite Navy; INK: Old Olive, sponge outer edges of punched So Saffron flower and the centers of Old Olive leaves on digital background.







1. Snail Fabulous Floret digital background to Old Olive front panel, leaving even borders around all sides. Snail panel assembly to Not Quite Navy card front, leaving even borders around all sides. 2. Dimensional Whisper White Thank You sentiment to the left front of card, with bottom of sentiment about 1-1/8" from bottom of card. 3. Assemble flower by snailing Old Olive flower to center of So Saffron flower. Snail Not Quite Navy flower to center of flower assembly. Attach Old Olive brad to the center of flower and dimensional flower to left side of sentiment and card front.

Pretty easy, huh? And the best part, is that if you need more cards, you can just print out the card parts, punch a few pieces of cardstock, and within a few minutes you have yourself some beautiful cards.

Also, Stampin' Up! is offering a My Digital Studio Express-Downloadable Version for $39.95, which is the full My Digital Studio software, but with minimal digital content. It's an affordable option allowing you to pick and choose which downloads you need and want. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

these are great cards...Just bought MDS...I am not a scrapper, but bought it for this very reason! Thanks for showing me that it is going to prove itself to be a wise purchase!! :)