We ordered the new "Messages for Mom" set from Stampin' Up! recently and a couple of days ago my mom and I both played with it and had some fun and laughs. I like creating with my mom. =)
This set has a ton of text in it, which I like for the reason that a lot of the sentiments can be used for other occasions and other people besides just "Mom", but they also fit well with the fancy "MOM" image that comes with the set. It doesn't come with very much else... one flourish image. This can be difficult if you're trying to use the set all by itself, but I used it along with the new "Vintage Vogue" stamp set and loved how the two sets went so well together! =)For my card:
- I used a Kraft CS base and the size is just slightly under 3-1/2" x 5"... I think it's like 3-3/8" x 4-7/8"... I did that because it fits in the note card envelope better.
- I stamped an image from "Vintage Vogue" in Taken w/ Teal ink along the top and bottom of the card base.
- I stamped the "Mom" and the sentiment in black craft ink (on a strip of Kraft CS layered with Taken w/ Teal CS) and embossed w/ clear embossing powder. I didn't use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp these... I'm just that good... no, not really! LOL! We bought the set as clear-mounted, so it was very easy to see right where I was stamping and that is my secret! =)
- My black gingham ribbon ruffle was done by applying a strip of Sticky Strip on the back of the bottom of the sentiment panel. I just pressed and gathered the ribbon as I went.
- My flowers are embossed, even though I didn't have craft ink in Taken w/ Teal! Here's how: I inked up the floral image first with versamark. I then inked up the image again with Taken w/ Teal classic ink, directly after the versamark. Then I stamped this on my cardstock, which I then sprinkled with a mixture of clear embossing powder and dazzling diamonds glitter and set with the heat tool. So cool... you can pretty much emboss with any color that way, without needing to have craft ink pads! =) The flowers were then cut out carefully, punched with the 1/16" hand punch and attached to the Kraft CS strip w/ clear rhinestone brads.
It was fun to make... I'm going to make more (if I have time). ;-)
Don't forget about the color challenge that we're hosting! You can get all the details about it HERE!
Have a wonderful, creative day! =)
Supplies for Mom card (all SU unless noted): Vintage Vogue stamp set, Messages for Mom stamp set, Kraft CS, Taken w/ Teal CS, Whisper White CS, Black craft ink, Taken w/ Teal classic ink, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, heat tool, Sticky Strip, Clear rhinestone brads, Black gingham ribbon (not SU), stampin' dimensionals, adhesive.