Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Adriel's Birthday Card

From Heidi...

This is the card I made for Adriel's birthday. Someone had posted this flower idea on Stampin' Up with Beate, but they had used the Big Shot Scallop flower for the solid cardstock and then used the oval punch to punch out the DS paper for the petals on top, the small Bojo blossom was used for the center of the flower. Since I don't have the Big Shot Scallop flower, I used my scallop circle punch and cut out every other scallop. I used the large heart on my 3-heart punch for the DS petals and cut the hearts in half, and since Adriel had the Bojo Blossom punch at her house, I used the small hearts on the 3-heart punch for the center of the flower.

Use the bone folder (I also used my nail) to curl both the cardstock and DS petals under. I placed a glue dot in the center of the Scallop Circle flower and then placed my DS petals on the glue dot. I placed another glue dot onto the DS petals and arranged the small hearts to make the center of the flower.

I also textured a piece of Vellum. It would have been so much easier had I had the texture plate for the Big Shot, but I did the dotted texture by hand. This flower turns out really pretty. Just thought I'd share. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: