Thursday, June 9, 2011

Red, White and Blue Wish Big

How's your June going so far? I hope great! The summer is here and the outdoors is calling me, which makes it difficult to stay focused on things that I need to get done, because I keep looking for a reason to be outside. Apart from feeling a bit distracted, I've been getting ready for my son's 19th birthday and graduations of friend's that are coming up this weekend, which means cards.
I thought that I'd join in the Friday Blogger's Challenge with this card.

I did stay focused yesterday and got all my cutting and prepping done for this month's card classes. I'm looking forward to getting back to stamping with everyone again this month especially since we're making the Patriotic and Masculine themed cards. I used the Square Lattice textured embossing folder on each card, along with the Inlaid Embossing Technique (click here for a how-to video tutorial) for a couple of the cards. The stampset for this card is  Word Play . It's loaded with great sentiments, especially the "Wish Big" sentiment. The fact that it's big and bold makes it a great focal point for a card. If you'd like to join us this month for any of my classes, check out my calendar for details. My first class for the month is this Tuesday, 6/14, at Tumbleweed Recreation Center.

Have a great day and thanks a bunch for stopping by :-)

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- love the layout and the great colors.

Basement Stamper said...

great card, love the stars on it.

BarbaraW said...

Very handsome card. Love the layout and the colors