Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Valentine...

From Heidi...I have been using my Christmas break to look at different "how to" blogs and having a bunch of fun! There is so much inspiration out there...I just need more time!! I came across a fun tutorial on how to make your own paper buttons. (Sorry, I will have to go back and find the blog that has the tutorial so that I can pass it on.) I tried it out and made this Valentine card with a layout I used for a Christmas card I made.
Basically the buttons are made with 4 layers of punched cardstock adhered together, and then a punched DS paper or stamped CS layer\ adhered on top. Lightly sand the edges, punch buttonholes (I used my Cropadile), and then add a nice layer of Crystal Effects to the top. Allow plenty of time for the Crystal Effects to dry... I learned that the hard way and messed up a button :-( That's it! Thanks for letting me share!

3 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

I really like that idea for the buttons. Your card is gorgeous!

Anthonette said...

Lovely card! Great idea for making buttons. I have to make try that out.

Deb Rymer said...

Such a cute card - and I love those buttons. Thanks for the info on how to make them!