Monday, December 28, 2009

The Thank You's Begin!


From Adriel:

My mom and I have been working on some thank you cards to put in our Etsy shop for after the holidays. I worked on this set on Christmas... it really didn't seem like work, I was having a nice time. =) It was a relaxing and enjoyable thing to do while everyone else was doing things that were enjoyable to them (namely playing on the Wii).

I made a smaller sized card for this set, at 3-1/2"W x 5"H. They are basically note card size. I used the fabulous Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up! in white craft ink on Kraft CS. Had to let it dry (unless you emboss it, it takes quite a while to dry). Since I was making a set, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the image in the same place on each card. Spritzed the whole card front using the Color Spritzer tool and a Chocolate Chip marker... very lightly spritzed... I did a couple at first that were too heavily done and it didn't look very good. Added an 1/8" Old Olive cardstock strip for a pop of color and interest and stamped the cute "thank you" from the All Occasions set in Chocolate Chip ink. Done!
These won't be going in our Etsy shop at the moment because they already sold, but I'm thinking about making another set... we'll see. ;-)

Hope you all had a nice Christmas! Enjoy your week and don't forget those thank you's! <------ reminder to myself more than anything! =) Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anthonette said...

You know Medallion is my favorite stamp, right? Love these cards! Thanks for the inspiration to go downstairs and work on something.

Unknown said...

these are absolutely gorgeous!