Thursday, January 24, 2013

Faux Chalkboard You are Loved

I've been noticing how popular the "chalkboard" look is right now. I've seen it in advertisements, cardmaking, scrapbooking, etc., so I thought that I'd try the Faux Chalkboard technique out for myself. I found a great video tutorial HERE, which helped me to create this card. I liked this technique and had a lot of fun with it.
I used Stampin' Up's Whisper White Craft ink for the "chalk" look on Not Quite Navy CS, and a white Prismacolor pencil to outline the inside of one of the Labels Collection framelits and to create the banner for the stamped sentiment from the You are Loved stamp set.
Thanks for dropping by!

Supplies:
CS: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Whisper White Craft
Big Shot: Labels Framelit (125598), Framed Tulips EB folder (121809)
Punches: Itty Bitty shapes (126881)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love what you did with this technique! Great images and a lovely design.