Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Charming Heart Birthday

Here's a quick birthday card using the new Hearts Framelit die. I wanted my card to be the size of the largest framelit, so I folded my 6x11 Pool Party CS in half lengthwise and placed one of the sides just inside the framelit to create a hinge that the card would open/close at. I used the upcoming Sale-A-Bration DSP Everyday Enchantment and cut out a smaller heart using the Hearts framelit, sponging Pool Party ink around the edges of the DSP heart. My stamped image is from the Charming stamp set which I used the Marker-to-Stamp technique on to get the variety of colors on my stamped image. I punched out the stamped image using the Extra-Large Oval punch, snailing it to a Perfect Polka Dot embossed 2-3/8" scallop circle. I also embossed the heart-shaped card front with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder. The stamped/scallop circle is dimensionaled to the upper center of the heart. The Basic Black stamped  "Happy Birthday" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes SS, which was punched with the Word Window punch and then the edges were sponged. I added a punched Itty Bitty Pool Party scallop to the left side of the punched sentiment with one of SU's Mini Brads attached to the flower center. This last little piece was dimensionaled to the card front...and voila! It's done :-) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: