Monday, April 5, 2010

Newsy Tuesday

Hey there! We don't have a whole lot of news today, but we've got a few things to share with you today.

I finished the baby boy memory flip album I have been working on. It turned out SUPER cute and I really hope the new mom likes it. The story behind the album is that I reconnected with an old childhood friend via facebook recently. I really was better friends with her older sister when we were kids, but it's funny how a 3 year age difference isn't really that big of a deal when you're a grown-up... anyway, I digress. Her older sister recently had a baby boy and she asked me about the flip album. That's how the whole thing got rolling and now I have all the pieces cut out for another baby boy album and I'm hoping to do a couple of baby girl ones also. I'm planning on getting this album in the mail today on its way to its new home! =)
Last week my mom and I spent some time making some masculine-themed cards. We're planning on doing a masculine-theme SAS sometime within the next few months. It's hard to get your brain to think "masculine". I'm a girl! I love flowers and pretty things! These stretched my creativity, but it was a good challenge. Here are just a couple of the cards we made:

We're getting closer to being done with the preparation for the scrapbook put-together party for the upcoming baby. My husband and I (mainly I) finally decided on the spelling of the name we chose: Allison Grace. My husband didn't really care how it was spelled... I kept going back and forth between different spellings. =)

We have a couple of classes this week at Tumbleweed Rec. Center. A Creative Cards class and a CD scrapbook album. I'm sorry I don't have pics to share for these classes... I'll have to get them from Mom. =)

Anyway, that's the news for this week! Hope all of you are doing well and staying creative. Enjoy your day. =)

No comments: