Today's Sweet & Simple tutorial is for a masculine birthday card. We all have those guys in our lives that need cards too, right? Sometimes just keeping the card simple and low-key without a bunch of fluff can be challenging. I like all that girly stuff! =)
Here's a card that is really simple, really easy and really sweet (even though it is for a guy)! Hope you enjoy! =)
1. Fold a piece of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Sahara Sand CS in half at 4-1/4". Use Sahara Sand ink and stamp image from Circle Circus in a random pattern several times on card front. Use Chocolate Chip ink pad and lay the ink pad directly on the card front edges. Do this several times in a random pattern all around edges.
2. Stamp a couple of the Circle Circus images in Taken w/ Teal and Chocolate Chip inks on Whisper White CS. Punch out these images with corresponding circle punches (varies with images).
3. Use Chocolate Chip and Taken w/ Teal Stampin' Write markers to ink up image from Birthday Bliss stamp set. Punch out with 1-1/2" circle punch.
4. Punch out:
- (1) 1" Taken w/ Teal CS circle (I punched mine out of an embossed piece of cardstock)
- (1) 1-3/8" Chocolate Chip circle
- (1) Taken w/ Teal Scallop Circle
5. Attach stamped and punched birthday sentiment to Taken w/ Teal scallop circle with SNAIL adhesive.
6. Use SNAIL adhesive to attach all the circles (except for the scalloped sentiment circle) to the front of the card in a random pattern, allowing some of the circles to go over the edge of the card. After attaching, trim edges of circles in line with the card front edges.
7. Attach the scallop sentiment circle to card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Supplies: Circle Circus stamp set, Birthday Bliss stamp set, Sahara Sand CS, Taken w/ Teal CS, Chocolate Chip CS, Whisper White CS, Chocolate Chip classic ink, Sahara Sand classic ink, Taken w/ Teal Stampin' Write marker, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker, Scallop Circle punch, 1-1/2" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals.
Stampin' Up! supplies can be ordered through Heidi by clicking HERE.
Here's another variation of this card... just a couple changes for a little different look. =)
Thanks for stopping by on this Monday! Hope you're getting a great start to your new week and we hope to see you back here again soon! Have a great day! =)