Saturday, December 8, 2012

Advent Calendar Garland


     Here's an Advent Calendar Garland made with Dixie cups. I saw this cute idea on “My Craft Channel” and thought I’d try it out for myself. The only tip or instruction given was to take apart a Dixie cup to make your pattern. From there I was on my own.
     I had a bunch of the Festival of Prints DSP sheets left from my Club project, so I used these to glue over the Dixie cups. I punched a hole on each side of the cup where I attached a metal handle. I created my advent number embellishments using My Digital Studio. I basically got to create my own Advent Calendar Kit using the DSP and creating coordinating embellishments, which was kind of a fun thing to do. The embellishments were attached to the front of the cups with a dimensional. I tied ornament hooks to a string of yarn which the Advent cups hung from.

The cups can be filled with candy, little gifts or Scriptures for each day, as you work your way towards December 25th. It's fun and simple Advent Calendar project to make.
Hope that you're having a great December so far!

No comments: