Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's a Digital December

This month I'll be sharing pages from the Digital Calendar I've been working on. I've been using My Digital Studio to create my calendar and have enjoyed getting a chance to use some features of the program that I hadn't tried out before. I haven't printed my calendar yet, I still have pictures I need to edit and add to my projects before I'm ready to print, but all the design work is finished. When I finally print it, I'll share a picture of the printout. I'm kind of excited about printing out the pages because I'll finally get a chance to use my birthday present, my Cinch binding tool...woohoo!
This has been a fun project to work on, not only creatively, but it's been enjoyable to go through photos and their memories.I'm still deciding on the order of the pages, so I won't be sharing them in any particular order. I thought I'd share how I go about designing a scrap page. I know that staring at a blank page and trying to design a 12-month calendar is a little daunting, so before I opened up my blank page, I tried to have some kind of idea/theme for each page and figured out which photos I wanted to use. Then I chose my page colors based on the predominant colors in the photos. When I would hit a blank on an idea for a page layout, I'd visit a couple of layout sites to get inspired, there are a ton of inspiring ideas that other creative people have shared on their blogs and on the web.

Looking through my photos helped me choose the theme "sisters" for this page. I used the colors in the girls' clothing for my page colors - Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Lovely Lilac and Old Olive. My layout is pretty simple - several rows of borders behind a designer paper photo mat. I added a couple of 5-petal punched flowers and leaves from one of the digital stamp sets. Then I placed some embellishments to the flower centers and chose a cute font for the "Sisters...Sweet" words. That's it in a nutshell! I'll share more pages throughout the next several weeks.
I hope that you have a great day!

No comments: