Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Themed Piano Hinge Book

My blog share today doesn't really qualify as a Digital December share, although it does include a few digital embellishments.
My stamping friend, Susan, had made a Piano Hinge Book several months ago and she generously offered to show me how to make one. So with her help and time, this is what I made. I chose a Christmas theme because last year she'd given me a Christmas designer paper kit (she does spoil me...she's also been known to drop by Fudgy Wudgy fudge), which I'd planned on using to make a scrapbook, but it just never happened.
This little book was just too much fun to make...really! I added little pockets, printed up some cute My Digital Studio embellishments, and I even did some macrame (I was shocked that I even remembered any knots...I used to make macrame jewelry with puka shells way back in the 70's).
It's been great to have the book already finished because as I'm going through the 2011 Christmas season I'm able to take pictures and journal as I go along. I always think about doing a scrapbook AFTER an event or special occasion, but I have to say that having a book already prepared allows you to think about the pictures you want for each page and the journaling has come easy because I'm drawing from current memories and thoughts. I'll have to remember this for any future books I make.
These pages will be perfect for pictures of our Gingerbread House. I'll blog and post pictures of the Gingerbread House in the near future, but all I can say about the house right now is...Wow!
Susan and I brainstormed about different themed Piano Hinge books we could make. We both thought a recipe book would be darling.
I just have to say that it's fun to have a blog...I love posting pictures of things I'm excited about and sharing it here in the blogging world. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

kraftykat157 said...

lovelt. TFS

Paula said...

Gorgeous!

lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com
Paula

KVencel said...

This looks like a wonderful project for those doldrum winter days! It doesn't appear that difficult either. Your creation is just beautiful and not over the top!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

what a lovely book and technique~ Thanks for sharing!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. I'm glad that you stopped by.

Firenze said...

Love it love it love it! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards