Monday, September 19, 2011

Stamping and Digital Go Head to Head

I needed some "Thank You" cards, so I pulled out this fun stamp set "Flower Fest" and joined it with one of the new In-Colors, "Pool Party", to create this simple card. I used the Ink/Spray/Smash technique on Splitcoast to create the background panel. My plan was that I was going to make a bunch of these cards as my "Thank You's", but the technique and coloring turned out to be more involved than I had time for. So what's a girl to do?
Well, that's when I turn to My Digital Studio. I used my Flower Fest layout and added some quick digital elements to create a similar card and then I printed my needed cards up. They were lifesavers!
 Here they are head to head...while they both were fun to create, I still love stamping, coloring and the hands on that goes with a handmade card, but when you need something cute and quick, digital can be a lifesaver.
Hope that you've had a great start to your week so far. See you next time!

No comments: