Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paper Piecing Part 2


From Adriel:

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you all a card I made using the paper piecing technique. Here's another one for you...


I wasn't crazy about how this one turned out, so I made another one...



I'm drawing a blank on the name of this set... errrr. It's retired, but still, I should remember things like this better! Okay, I looked on SCS and found the name... Sparkling Summer. Cute set! I stamped the images first on the white CS and colored them in. I stamped the images again on white CS and used sponging to color in some of the images and then followed with Stampin' Write markers. I cut out the images and used dimensionals to attach over the existing image. It's a fun technique! I had a lot of fun with this card. This is in preparation for our technique classes at Tumbleweek Rec. Center this coming winter.

We are getting ready for a lot of different things right now! Next month, we will be hosting our Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stacks... we've got several of you coming to those and we are looking forward to that! Hamilton Library also asked us to do an accordion album with the teens next month. We also will be doing two craft shows in November. We'll let you know about the dates and times of those shows later. Anyway, we are two busy bees! Our stash of crafted items is growing by the day (almost) and we are working hard! I hope we will see some of your familiar faces at these events coming up! Stamping and papercrafting are great ways to make friends! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: